8.30.2011

Seriously?!?

Oh my goodness, you guys!! I had a first today. I'm in my 7th year of teaching, and I'm usually the teacher that gets the BIG TICKET kiddos - you know the ones ;) Anywho, I have a big ticket again, this year, but my story is not about him! It's about my sweet, quiet little Miss C.

Miss C must have been tired of waiting in line. So, what did she do? She BIT her neighbor. On the CHEEK. WHAT!?!?! I was flabbergasted. I have never seen a first grader bite in all my years. Have you?? Needless to say, mom was called and apologized for her daughter's behavior. Sigh... They're gonna keep me on my toes this year! :) Which leads me to my next point...

I am in LOVE with this! Check out the CFC blog and watch the Class?Yes! video! I am going to try this tomorrow. And the next day. And the next til it works!!

Clutter-Free Classroom

Signature

3 comments:

  1. This is my first year using the whole brain teaching language. I really like it so far. I would watch a lot of you tube videos though - they have really helped me figure this out. (btw - I've got THAT class too!)
    Tessa
    Spotlight on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have had a biting incident too! It was in Kindergarten and it was with my two gifted kids. They were at the listening station listening to a book on tape sharing nicely (or I thought). One screams, jumps up, and shouts "HE BIT ME!" The other one explained very matter of fact that the other student was bothering him, he told him to stop, and he didn't so he bit him. OMWord I couldn't believe it. The boy was shocked and didn't bother him anymore and the mom was even more shocked. Hope you don't have anymore biting incidents.
    Rambling About Reading

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog and just nominated you for one of my top ten. Get your award here: http://www.teachingblogaddict.com/2011/05/top-10.html
    See my post here:
    http://firstgradeowls.blogspot.com/2011/09/ive-been-nominated-thank-you.html

    Thank you!
    Nicole
    First Grade OWLS

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting! :)