8.23.2011

So, I'm a little behind....

But I hope you'll "meet" me anyways! :-) Here is my post to link up with Blog Hoppin'! I'm a teeny bit stressed out between the beginning of school, a new reading series, and other stuff, so this is a WELCOME distraction!!

Tell us a little something about you.....
I am 28 years old, and I just began my 7th year of teaching. I have always taught 1st grade, and, while I'd be open to a change some day, I'd be perfectly happy staying right here! I have been married to my hubby for 3+ years now, and we have a black lab "puppy" (she's over 1 year now...) named Lucy. She's my spoiled little baby!!

 



How long have you been teaching?
As I said above (I'm not good at reading all the way thru before I start something, oops!), I started my 7th year of teaching last week. I am 6 weeks away from finishing my Master's degree in Elem. Ed. and I can't WAIT for the boost in my paycheck!! I'd love to go back some day to study curriculum.


You might not know.....
That blind dates really do work!! My hubby and I met on a BLIND DATE! Good thing his best friend knew we'd be a great fit! So great, in fact, we met August 28, got engaged January 20, and married June 14!! Less than 10 months, start to finish :) As noted by my lack of ability to read something all the way before starting, I tend to jump right into things I know are good!!




What are you looking most forward to this school year?
I can NOT wait to see how math tubs work in my classroom! Even tho I was a slacker on my blog in posting about the Debbie Diller Linky Party, I sure read everyone else's posts! My whole team (even the 2 new ones!) is on board, and we're ready to get going!
What do you need to improve?
Oh dear.  Hmm... where to begin!! I really want to stretch myself in the area of StoryTown - I tend to teach the basal and read thru the lessons as they are written and I don't think outside the box to much! I've already noticed in the 2 days I've taught it this year that my kiddos are going to need some serious brain breaks during our 1 1/2 hour ST literacy block! Eek!

What teaching supplies can you not live without?
My HUGE water bottle (I always forget how SORE my throat gets every August!), my Mr. Sketch smell-good markers, my Sharpie flip-chart markers, and tubs. Bins. Organizing items. I LOVE them! I have so many of them, and I can't stop from buying more!

I hope you'll link up for the PARTY! ( I don't know why the blog button isn't working for me... click the link at the top to join!)




Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! :)