6.27.2012

South Beach!

No, no, not the diet - it's summertime, folks! ;)

I am changing the way I do my classroom's color theme this year... After 7 years, I am kind of sick of the rainbow colors everywhere. I never thought it could happen, but it did! So, I am doing the same thing I've seen lots of teachers considering this summer - balck/white foundation and bursts of color around the room. This way, when I want a change, I just have to change the colors, not all the foundational pieces!

So, where does South Beach come in to play? Well... as I was at Michael's yesterday {for like the 5th time already this summer... I swear baby boy knows when we enter that store and he immediately starts fussing! No, Momma, not again!}, I picked up some more cardstock in the colors I'm using this year for my Brag Board and word wall letters and what nots. I looked closely at the package, and it's called the "South Beach" collection!
The packs come in 12"x12" and 8.5"x11" cardstock sizes, and I'm thinking of all sorts of ways to use them! If you hurry to Michael's this week, they're on sale!

So... if you're doing the "bright colors on a black background" theme in YOUR room this year, you can make it sound super-chic by calling it "South Beach"! :-)

Signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting! :)